Our Histopathology & Cytopathology Department is dedicated to the microscopic examination of tissue samples and cellular specimens. Our team of experienced pathologists carefully analyze these samples to provide accurate diagnoses for a wide range of diseases and conditions. From identifying cancerous growths to diagnosing inflammatory conditions, our department plays a crucial role in guiding patient treatment plans. We utilize advanced staining techniques to ensure precise results. Clinicians can rely on our department to receive detailed pathology reports that aid in making well-informed decisions for their patients' care. Through advanced technologies and the expertise of our professionals, we strive to offer accurate and comprehensive diagnostic solutions for better patient outcomes. Histopathologists provide a diagnostic service for cancer; they handle the cells and tissues removed from suspicious ‘lumps and bumps’, identify the nature of the abnormality and, if malignant, provide information to the clinician about the type of cancer, its grade and, for some cancers, its responsiveness to certain treatments. Histopathologists also examine cells in smears, aspirates or bodily fluids (cytopathology), for example in urine or cervical smears.
Our Key Services
- Cervical cytology- Cervical cancer screening to find abnormal cervical cells, which could lead to cervical cancer over time.
- Cytological examination for malignant cells (Body Fluids-Pleural fluid, Ascitic fluid)
- Provide diagnostic service by evaluation of tissue specimens for inflammatory, infectious conditions and for cancer.
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC) using specific markers for the differentiation of several neoplasms, may have important therapeutic (‘targeted’ treatment) as well as prognostic implications in certain types of cancer.
- Consultative services for second opinions and challenging cases